Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Number #1

Loud noises, questionable looks cover the room, sounds of games and music overwhelm the raising voices all around me. Looking around a giant chicken hanging by fishing line dangling overtop of crowd patiently waiting to be waited on next. My bum becoming numb on the worn out bar Stoll so many of others just like me sat and contemplated why they truly came in tonight. The heads of a couple leaning up against my body lean closer and closer together his cheap cologne somehow beyond me grab the attention of a stalking girl just waiting for someone to come and talk to her. On the other side of me an elbow slides up against me as the head of another man falls to the table with the bartender reaching for his captain and coke that was just to much for this night. Looking at we share a smile, nodding that unspoken language is exchange saying I do not need another drink just yet let's wait this dude out and see what happens. Half an hours goes by before the man to my left raises his head off the bar looking around like he is lost or something looks right at me and ask hey man where's my drink? With a small grin and a single response sorry man I drank it and get up and leave the bar. Man how I love a Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment