Monday, January 27, 2014

Getting Away

So back in the day I owned a Ford F150 and i thought i was the shit. I drove it like i didnt have any worries in my life took off down the interstate like a bat outta hell, tear up the country roads like they were made for just me and nobody else, you have to remember that i was only 16 and i had rode with my brother and my cousins my entire life watching what they do. They also had the same truck just mine was newer version than there so i knew how it drove and understood everything on how to handle it and the top speeds. My brother had been caught doing a 110 in a 55 and walked away with out anything to worry about just said son get you girl home and let him leave or at least that was the story that i got from him i will never really know if that the truth or not but that's his story and he is sticking to it. Now this is what happened with me I live out in the country as some of you may now realize my house is about 15 miles out of the city and there is never a cop to be seen from the city to the country road i call my home. it had been a long night in the big city of Stockton and I was racing home to make it back before my midnight curfew it wasn't at all when i should have left for a normal person to get from ash grove to Stockton or vise verse it would take about an hour now me ive made the trip in about 30 mins sometime running on the fumes because i was young and dumb. I had noticed coming across the state park that somebody had been tailing me and didnt think to much about just hey someone else is doing the same thing here i let it go and keep my eyes on the road because doing 100 you shouldn't be looking at to many other things the then road. Went through everton with out a hitch nobody on my back just ripping up the highway letting the motor run. Then it came to ash grove i had only 7 mins to get back in my driveway and into the house before i would get called out on it. I tore threw ash grove knowing the speed limit was only 35 but hey i could make it home in 5 mins and have time to change clothes before i had to walk inside if i ripe through it going 70. Sure enough once i got outside the city limit i saw him sitting there just posted up on farm road 116 not even with his lights on probably just coming into town before his shift ended and boy was i running top out 95 before he even saw he. Left him in the dust and boom lights on car turned around i knew i was screwed thought man i cant be late cant be missing this curfew for the second time this week ill be screwed the thought of getting ticket for 60 over never crossed my mind well he was approaching quickly seeing that i was slowing down he was in a dodge charger so he had loots more power than i did he could catch me without even trying. I shut the lights off and pulled down our road and he followed knowing where I was headed because he had seen me drive plenty of times in the past. As my tires squalled around the last turn i knew i was in freedom but his lights popped over the top of the last hill and my heart came back up in my throat. By this time my lights had been off for about 3 miles and i didn't give two craps what was in front of me. Deloris drive way was coming up and i knew that was my getaway, i tore into their driveway and up into the woods shut the truck off and hid, and hid did i do for sure. by this point i would have made it home with still a minute to spare but cant be walking into the house with the cops pulling up so i sat their deep in the woods of somebody i hardly knew hoping they didn't hear me tear up their driveway in my get away. I watched at the officer slowly searched and went up and down the road countless time until after 20 minutes he decided i got the best of him and he drove off. I still was freaking out so i sat around for another 10 mins just to make sure, and as i back out of the woods i realized I'm was in the home stretch, or so i thought. Once I walked in the door i was in for a whole new challenge i had forgot about my MOTHER. But that's another time an another story

No comments:

Post a Comment