Tuesday, February 25, 2014

ROugh Draft

state your belief
 ---- I believe living life as it comes to you is better than trying to live on a planned out type of lifestyle
explain your belief
-----Living today I look around and see people who are just living for the next big thing, or are so narrow minded to a solitary idea they would stop at nothing to make it happen. While I do believe this is a good priority to have. I also believe you will miss so many more opportunities than if you would just let life come as it please. By living your life as it comes I mean being flexible,which is so much more than just being able to reach down and touch your toes. Your life comes with its fairs of challenge that nobody can be prepare for regardless of you who are. My belief on how to make it through this crazy world is a simple one be open to willing for something new everyday, try not to plan out your life and have fun. I would love to share with you my story and explain to you the reason behind it.
Growing up my parents always wanted me to live their planned out lifestyle for me, they sternly instructed me that if I did not have a plan for my life that I would fail, they ask the questions "what would I do with my life?" Teachers always told me you need to pick what you are going to when your young, so then when you go to college you can be prepared for the real world. So when I graduated from High School I just knew I was going to go to college to become a teacher, I thought this was the best idea for me seeing as I am from a long line of teachers in my mind it seemed like the perfect plan. So I signed up for college and  I even got a small scholarship to run Track there. We mapped out every semester and how many credits hours I was going to take and even down to every teacher I wanted, I wrote it all down on a sheet of white computer paper, and boy was it a solid plan. I started out my first semester and I quickly realized that this real world stuff wasn't as fun as it was cracked up to be, I became overwhelmed, I started to regret the decisions I have been so admit on. It took my a whole year to realize that I didnt want to be in College or at least in my chosen course of study, so when I went home for the summer I felt this overwhelming sense of relief, I had made it through the first year and was even still eligible to track for the next semester, my plan was still in tact and I thought I'll come back for the next year and keep this going.
As the next year started it was a good one I had bought a house and was living the life a sophomore in college on the track team, I was able to throw crazy parties and have people over when ever I wanted because guess what I owned the house. In the first few weeks of my first semester I started to make a change in my way of thinking about this entire plan I had laid out for my life. To be honest I even went into my room and ripped up the paper copy of my plan into a million little pieces, threw it in the air and walked out of my room. I started to go to class when ever I felt like and just go to practice when it was convenient for me. I started experimenting with all sorts of thing, they ranged from different beers to different clothes and even to different drugs. This is when It made a turn for the worse I really took the whole live you life as it comes to you to the whole new level. When some one would bring something over I would try it, you know you only live once right, why pass it up. Somebody offered me a business proposal to be a middle man between Tulsa and Springfield and I said "Yea lets go for I could make so good money for a while." My way of thinking would have scared some people and it really did worry my family, to them it seemed like I was just trying to run away, but to me it was just living for the moment and not saying no to anything. It took me over a year of living like this until I realized something was seriously up.
So over a course of a year I had dropped out of school and quit the track team, moved back home with my parents and then quickly out of there house and into a two car garage with no insulation and no heat in the dead of winter. I was living with my best friend and still doing the same thing, we were both kicked out his aunt garage and I moved in with another buddy who again struggled to pay the bills so I helped him out and started up the game again, the game in this context is talking about being a middle man or a dealer. We shared a bedroom and drove back in forth from Springfield, this was awesome until his mom found out about me living there and kicked us both out so I was back out on the road again, that was when I was approach by a couple guys we use to deal to who asked me to come live with them and of course I told them "hell yea holmes!" They finally talked some sense into over that year teaching me that I didnt have to try everything that came my way and that I could say no to some thing. They taught me a beautiful thing of logic and common sense that if I really wanted to do it, then i should go for but if it wasnt something that I did not love then just leave it alone. I was broken down and scared so I ran off from them I thought they were trying to kill my dreams and that they didnt know anything.
It wasnt until I was completely out on my own that I truly realized what living for the moment really meant. Living for the moment wasnt that litterly everything that walked in front of me I had to try, or that I should do everything someone asked me to do. It wasnt even as easy as dont plan out your life like I was so desperate to run away from. My thoughts came on a cold winter night laying in my bed listening to The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin, yes living for the moment can give you a temporry sense of satisfaction and can leave you on top of the world but that is not what life is all about. My life had came so far I had made thousands of dollar I had seen almost the entire United States but what did I gain from it, it got me a lot friends who didnt care at all about me it made me lose the friends who would of taken a bullet for me and made me lose the family who raised me to an amazing kid. I gave up on school and my dreams of track, but it wasnt over yet I could still do something about it.
So I wrote it down I wrote it all out spent all night pouring my emotions my spirits my passions everything in that black journal. Looking back on this life I've lived it started out with plans big big plans and they slowly started to fall apart, I changed from living a life where it was planed out to a t and how long it was going to take me and it was going to be perfect, and then it made a huge change into I dont need a plan i can do it on my own and in the famous words of Mac Miller "imma live free aint nobody gunna tell me how to do me." Life threw me a curve ball and took me two and half years to get the bat around on it.
Life is about learning how to balance your choices and weighing each and every possibility. I still believe you should lean on the side of living life on the fly, and that doesnt mean you should turn around tomorrow and lose every single plan you have. No what I'm saying is you should have goals you are trying to reach, but if something gets in the way of those goals and you can no longer go in that path you should take a turn at something else instead of throwing a temper tantrum about it. As well as even if you are almost to your goal and something else comes along and you enjoy it more go and do it but you better start another goal once you change. This is a tricky balancing act for the both of them like myself you should never get to the point where you are so stuck on a fixed plan that you forget to have fun, and you should never have so much fun that you forget what a plan or a goal even is. 
I like many others have learned this lesson without truly wanting to. We have been thrown into the real world and just do not know how to handle it. There are many choices that we must make and many things that we are going to wrong. Its not about how much you do right in this world or how far you are going to make it. Its like Ive said before life is a balancing act that you have got to learn to live your life how you want it and be open to new things whenever they may come your way. Dont be afraid of something you have never tried, don't be broken hearted if your plan does not work out, this is life. So my challenge for you and  if you accept it, is a simple one find something that makes you happy, starting working toward a goal, do not be upset when you fail or your path in life changes, do not plan your life out down to every detail, and by all means necessary  have fun.
------Living on the the fly relieves your stress level, frees up your day to enjoy life, you never let down people, opens your eyes a little bit.
what is the challenge
---------Find a comfortable balance b/w planning and living free, you can have a plan in mind but dont be so close minded if it doesnt work out have a goal and be working toward it but if something better comes along go for it, and then begin a new plan.
what would happen if you accepted the challenge
--------If you accept my challenge you are going to find your stress level is a little lower, you are going to find happiness in everything you do- because you are doing something you enjoy or something that caught your eye and you gave it a shot. You wont be living in  a life of What Ifs and Maybes, You are going to take every shot you can until the right one comes along. 
support by touching on every aspect

No comments:

Post a Comment