Monday, February 24, 2014

Traits

So its just another day, I can see the effect of the twenty plus mph wind it has the trees bent over like they are trying to pick up the leaves off the ground instead of starring and trying to catch them as they fly off their feeble little limbs. You can see the dust of the gravel road coming beginning to form a tornado and as I look that way I notice a man walking down the other side, where he came from i will never know it was like he quietly snuck up beside me. As i stopped to take at look at who he might be, i noticed something about his walk, it was like he had been malled by a bear or broken his leg. He limped to one side then to the other kind of like one leg was longer than the other. He wasnt exactly the skinniest person around either, he wasnt into sports or anything like track and field he had a gut that just slowly rolled over the top of his belt buckle. I also saw in his right had was something he was trying to cover up his face it was like he had walked down this road before and knew it was going to be windy but I couldnt figure out what it was. He was wearing a ball cap dirty to the brim and back, figured he had worn it since the day he bought it one of those guys who thinks he going to be preppy and wear something knew everyday but then he found one that he loved and just stuck to it. I could make out the words on the front of it said Rapala and was camo on the front and open in the back. As I starred and watch I thought to myself does this guy need my help or should I just keep on walking by like nothing was happening. As a good samartain and with karma kicking me in the rear I made a 90 degree angle and headed straight for him. The closer I got the more this man became real. I could see under his hat was a flowing amount of curly brown hair. I could make out the object that was in his hand a dark blue beenie he was using so he didnt eat so much dust. And Finally I could see a state championship ring on his left ring finger. As I approach him I just asked sir do you need any help or you just want me to leave you alone. Well he stopped and look at me couldnt figure out why anybody had said a word to him but he just went after it. Couldnt get a word in edgewise with this guy. He told me his name Scott and that he had been walking this road for the last 6 years, he told me he enjoyed the walk it gave him a time to be alone do something that he couldnt do walking in the city. He had found peace inside of him and knew that he would never find it anywhere else. I nodded and said yea yea man i know what you mean thats why Im doing the same, then it all stopped he just shut his mouth I tried to ask him a few questions and he just looked at me. Took off his ball cap and thats when it got real. He started to cry and when he sunk his head to wipe the tears from his eyes I saw he was bald on the top of his head sorta had the bowl cut but it wasnt by choice you know. He had a scruffy beard like it had not trimmed or done anything to in years it collected more dust than the beenie he covered his face with, His moustache connected just below his up lower and covered the top row of his teeth so I wasnt even sure is he had a full set of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment